Desert Sun Counselling and Resource Centre is an Oliver & Osoyoos based, charitable, not-for-profit organization that was incorporated in 1998. At Desert Sun Counselling, there are no fees for services, and self-referrals are accepted for all services.
Desert Sun is governed by a local Board of Directors. All of our staff work and live in the area, making us active stakeholders in the community.
Our Vision & Mission
The Vision of Desert Sun Counselling and Resource Centre is for a community where all citizens have the opportunity to be healthy, participating community members.
The Mission of Desert Sun Counselling and Resource Centre is to facilitate improvement in the quality of life for individuals, families and the community.
Initiatives we have taken on, on behalf of the Oliver, Osoyoos and Regional Districts
- Homelessness Study
- Community Kitchen
- South Okanagan Women’s Crisis Line
- Methamphetamine Community Education Project
- Men’s Counselling Program
- Literacy and Parenting Program
- Food Certificate Program for pre and post natal women.
- Media, Culture and Healthy Relationships Program to Grade Nine Students
- Violence is Preventable Outreach Program to Elementary Schools