Tips on renting
- Obtain the Tenant Survival Guide: we have copies at our office.
- Take someone with you as a witness when you move in and out of a property and take photographs.
- Make sure you get everything in writing.
- Read and think carefully before signing anything.
- Make sure you pay your rent on time and get a receipt if you pay with cash.
Telephone and online resources
Tenants’ Right Action Coalition (TRAC) Tenant Resource & Advisory Centre
Telephone: 1 800 665 8779
Website: www.governmentagents.gov.bc.ca Look under featured services, click on Residential Tenancy Office
Publishes: Residential Tenancy Act: A Guide for Landlords and Tenants in British Columbia.
Telephone: Oliver 250 498 3818 Penticton 250 487 4200 Princeton 250 295 6957 Toll free 1 800 665 8779
Disability – Local Resources