What We Do
Desert Sun Counselling and Resource Centre is an Oliver & Osoyoos based, charitable, not-for-profit organization that was incorporated in 1998. At Desert Sun Counselling, there are no fees for services, and self-referrals are accepted for all services. Desert Sun is governed by a local Board of Directors. All of our staff work and live in the area, making us active stakeholders in the community.
Our Vision & Mission
The Vision of Desert Sun Counselling and Resource Centre is to be a leading edge, dedication, professional organization providing responsice programs to meet the diverse needs of our communities.
The Mission of Desert Sun Counselling and Resource Centre is to facilitate supportive programs to empower people of all ages to experience an enhanced quality of life in their homes, schools and communities.
These are initiatives that we have taken on, on behalf of Oliver, Osoyoos, and the Regional District
- Community Kitchen
- South Okanagan Women’s Crisis Line
- Men’s Counselling Program
- Literacy and Parenting Program
- Food Certificate Program for pre and post natal women.
- Men’s Shed
- Afforadable Housing Project – Sandalwood
- Host Agency for Decoda to provide literacy prgrams to SD53 and SD67
- Summer Camp (Fearlessly Facing Forward) to teach Youth resiliency
- Parenting Skills Program at Okanagan Correctional Centre
- Early Years program in partnership with OneSky
- Storybook Program at Okanagan Correctional Centre